- Where do I report concerns, complaints, or suggestions?
- Direct any concerns, complaints, or suggestions to the Main Office (located near the flag pole).
- Can I bring beer, wine, or other alcoholic drinks to the Fair?
- NO alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed on the Field Days grounds (includes parking areas).
- Can I bring a pet to the fair?
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted on the Field Days grounds - including parking areas.
- Do not leave an animal in your car - we will have it removed by animal control or law enforcement personnel!
- However, guide dogs, and other legal companion dogs are allowed if required.
- I'm bringing an animal, or animals to the fair for display, or for entry in an event - what should I do?
- It is recommended that the person responsible for any animal brought on the fairgrounds have proof of rabies vaccination with them.
Missing\Lost Child Protocol (Code Adam):
I've been at the fair for a while, and suddenly I cannot find my child - what do I do?
Arts and Crafts:
1. How do I enter my craft into Arts and Crafts for Field Days?
In order to enter your craft you will need to bring it to the fair grounds on either Wednesday or Thursday before Field Days. Crafts are entered on Wednesday and Food and flowers are entered on Thursday. It is important that entries are on the days designated so that they can be judged.
2. How are our crafts judged?
We have local community members who have experience and expertise in the areas of crafts we will be judging. They judge the craft on quality of work and award a ribbon based on that quality; Blue ribbons for good quality, Red for adequate and White for work that could be improved. Judges are asked to write on the entry cards and will hopefully write on most.
3. Can I enter more than one item?
We ask that you only enter one item per lot. Look at our premium list for examples of what we accept. An example of this is: if you do color photography you can enter 1 8X10, 1 5X7 or 1 collection of 3 or more related pictures.
4. When can I get my craft?
You can pick up your craft on Sunday from 3 to 5 pm. Because we have activities finishing up and an increased number of people on the grounds we are asking that you not drive all the way into the Arts and Crafts building. We will designate a parking area inside the back gate and if you need help getting your materials back to your car please let a volunteer know.
5. Does it cost money to enter a craft?
No, in fact we will pay a premium based on the ribbon the judge awards your craft. Entering though will not get you into the fair for free.
6. Can I sell my craft?
Yes, we will put a For Sale tag on it and list it. The fair does charge 10% of the sale price. The buyer can pick up the item on Sunday and the fair will cut a check to the owner for the sale price minus 10%.
7. Do the judges taste my food?
Yes with the exception of canned vegetables which need to be cooked before eating. We will leave the majority of the item for display.
8. Are the Youth entries in a different area?
We have a youth area in the same building. We do mark the youth entries as youth and put their age on it. We have different judges or ask the judges to keep the youth's age in account when judging. The youth are awarded either a Blue or Red ribbon.
9.What is the Best of Show (BOS)?
We look at all of the crafts in a class or category. We compare the crafts receiving a Blue ribbon and choose one that we feel is the best representative. That receives an additional ribbon and will be displayed in our Best of Show room for adults and featured for youth. These are now the items that we judge for the Best of Field Days.
10. What is the Best of Field Days?
On Sunday we award a trophy to the best of field days. The best of show crafts for the adults will be displayed in the show room except the cake. The youth will be in a section of the youth display. We ask visitors to the building on Friday and Saturday to vote for their favorite.
11. Can I enter if I don't live in Lamoille County?
Yes, we don't restrict entries to residents of Lamoille County.
12. What is the featured item?
This is another area to enter any type of craft item based on the theme instead of the type of craft. It is different every year.