Horse Shows & Gymkhana
- Open Horse Show Registration form 2018 – Rules list and a complete class list is available in this document.
- Gymkhana 2018 registration form – Rules list and a complete class list is available in this document.
- Extreme Trial 2018 Registration Form – Rules list and a complete class list is available in this document.
Saturday July 28, 2018:
- Registration opens at 5:00 PM
- Games begins at 6:00 PM (in lighted arena)
- $30 pre entry (Postmarked 7/20/18)
- $40 day of entry
GYMKHANA – Games on horseback; a family fun event!
Gymkhanas are games on horseback that test the skill of both horse and rider. Games on horseback date back to Genghis Khan, they were designed to sharpen the horsemanship skills to prepare for war. Today, it has evolved into a family fun event where the young and the young at heart can compete in a sport steeped in history, but modernized to satisfy the most contemporary rider. The divisions allow for the rider to compete at the speed level to which they are comfortable. It’s an action packed event that is guaranteed to be fun for all to watch and cheer on the competitors!
Extreme Trail Challenge
- Registration opens at 8:00 AM
- Course Walk-thru is at 9:30 AM
- Event begins at 10:00 AM
- Divisions: Youth Novice (Walk/Trot Only), youth Open, Adult Novice (Walk/Trot), Adult Open
- Pre entry $35 (postmarked 7/20/18)
- $45 day of entry
Extreme Trail Challenge is a trail course that is designed with obstacles that a horse and rider team might encounter while trail riding. It is both a timed and judged event. Equines will be judged for their ability and willingness to travel through and between obstacles, responsiveness to cues, consistent gaits on an obstacle and proper leads and lead changes. The rider will be judged on their ability to direct their horse through each obstacle while maintaining a centered seat balance, soft hands and loose rein, use of leg and rein aids, and ability to maintain speed with control throughout the course on each obstacle.
Open Horse Show
Sunday, July 29, 2018
- Registration Opens 8:30 AM
- Classes Start 10:00 AM
- VHSA Pointed Horse Show
- Classes: Adult, Beginner, Advanced Beginner, Green Horse, Junior/Senior, Minature Horse, Novice
- $8 per class (postmarked 7/20/18)
- $10 per class Post Entry
Six ribbons are awarded in each class and a High Point trophy or ribbon is awarded per age division. Cash premiums are paid for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. *No cash payback if less than 5 entries in the class.
All prize money is mailed out within a week of the show.
High Point Cross Over winner will receive $50.00. This is open to any rider. To qualify the participant must compete in their division’s Equitation and Pleasure classes in the Open Horse Show, and ride in the Barrels and Stakes Race/Pole Bending. The participant with the most points between all four games and classes, wins.
A Horse show is a judged exhibition of different breeds of horses and ponies. The show consists of a series of different performances, called classes, wherein a group of horses with similar training or characteristics compete against one another for awards, and often prize money. There are classes that judge the conformation and performance of the horse and pony, others that judge the horsemanship skills of the rider. There are Western and English divisions, as well as driving classes. This show will also allow riders to compete for year end awards with the Vermont Horse Show Association.
**FOR ALL EVENTS **
Points & Awards
- Six ribbons are awarded in each class, and a High Point trophy or ribbon is awarded per division.
- Premiums are paid for first through sixth place for all classes/divisions with 5 or more partcipants.
- High Point Cross Over winner will receive $50.00. This is open to any rider. To qualify the participant must compete in their division’s Equitation and Pleasure classes in the Open Horse Show, and ride in the Barrels and Stakes Race/Pole Bending. The participant with the most points between all four games and classes wins. Win an additional $25 by competing in the Extreme Trail Challenge!