New for 2017!!! Power Wheels Demolition Derby
- Dates: July 28th and 29th
- Registration: 3:00pm
- Start Time: 5:00pm
Demo Derby Rules
Balloons will be attached by fair. The object is to pop balloons. The last one left with a balloon is the winner.
- Any regular electric Power Wheel is allowed. NO 4-wheeler or tractor type vehicles allowed. Child’s legs must be in the compartment. Ride in not ride on!
- Kids 2-10 years of age may participate. There are three age groups 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10.
- Helmets must be worn. A bicycle helmet is ok.
- Seatbelts are recommended.
- NO PASSENGERS
- Derby is limited to 6 or 12-volt power wheel only.
- Motors must remain stock.
- All doors and tailgates must be strapped shut. No sharp edges. Use zip ties or duct tape or other flexible products for making them stay shut.
- Stock tires only. Tires may be covered with duct tape to prevent them from cracking or breaking. No screws in tires, no chains, etc.
- Decorative changes can be made to the Power Wheel to make it look like a derby car; however, there can be no reinforcement to the power wheel. Changes and additions are only decorative.
- At all times remember this is for kids!! Don’t add something that could cause them not to be in the derby. You could have a disappointed child in not allowed to run.
- Everyone must pre-enter because every child will receive something.
- All power wheels will be checked in at pit gate then impounded until time for their event.
- One parent will be allowed on the track with their child during the event.
- Each heat will be given a time limit. If at the end of the heat, there is more than one contestant with balloons un-popped; heat will be declared a tie.
- If a child gets out of the power wheel during the event, that child is out of the event.
- If vehicle has more than one speed, low speed must be used.